Accreditation of the medical laboratory: Opportunities and challenges of the DIN EN ISO 15189: 2013
Dr. Karl-Heinz Büscher
Health Policy Auditor
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Germany
Navigating accreditation law and implementing a quality standards plan that aligns with current guidelines is a difficult challenge for any laboratory.
The ISO 15189 is a standard developed to specify requirements for competence and quality in medical laboratories. ISO 15189 guidelines specify protocol for laboratory practices, including examination requests; patient preparation and identification; and collection, transportation, storage, processing, and examination of clinical samples. In, addition, the guidelines provide information for subsequent interpretation, reporting, advice, and considerations of safety and ethics in medical laboratory work.
Attend this webinar and understand:
- How the new 2013 ISO guidelines differ from previous ISO guidelines
- Regional differences in the implementation of the guidelines
- Requirements for accreditation standards in the lab
- Challenges and opportunities to expect during DIN EN ISO accreditation
- How Siemens can play a role in your laboratory’s accreditation journey
For more information on how Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics provides laboratories with solutions visit: www.siemens.com/diagnostics
> Test Your System